I have loved this dressing ever since I was a little kid. My mom used to make a big batch of it every Sunday afternoon and we’d drizzle it on our side salads every night during dinner. The best part about this recipe is that it’s good for you! So you can drizzle away without feeling guilty.
After you have made this dressing, we bet you’ll never bother buying ranch dressing at the supermarket again. This simple recipe is very easy to make and costs less money than store bought ranch. Plus, if you serve it at a dinner party, your guests are sure to be impressed.
You will need:
- 1 cup sour cream (if you’re watching your weight, try light sour cream)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (why not try homemade?)
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 whole garlic clove (make sure it’s minced)
- 4 tablespoons of parsley
- 1 tablespoon of lemon or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
How to make it:
- Add all ingredients into a glass bowl and mix well with a fork.
- Once combined, transfer the mixture into a jar. Stir again and seal shut with a lid.
- Shake the jar well to help combine all ingredients.
- Refrigerate the dressing for at lease 70 minutes before serving. If you can wait a little longer, even better!
- Once the dressing has had time to set in the refrigerator, take it out and pour over your tasty salads. This dressing works best with bacon, boiled eggs and croutons.
Top Tip: If you’re looking for some cheap gifts this Christmas, why not make several batches of this ranch dressing and package them up in cute jars. Buy cheap ribbon from discount stores and create handwritten labels. Your friends and family will appreciate the effort and love this tasty homemade gift.